Thanks for visiting my website rosemcrompton.com
Rose Crompton Content Marketer & Copywriter ABN 39 629 344 372, is committed to protecting your privacy as an online visitor to the website.
As an online business trading globally, I aim to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in The Privacy Act 1993 (Cth) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to ensure that your information is protected.
The information collected about you is used to
By providing your data, you agree that you’re over the age of 18 years.
When you need to get hold of us, do so by using:
Rose Crompton Content Marketer & Copywriter ABN: 39 629 344 372
Postal address: PO BOX 2316, Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia
So we can provide
Personal Information – Type, purpose and legal grounds
Personal information/data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It doesn’t include data that’s anonymous in its source.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
Communication information includes any communication that you send to us. This information can be sent to us through:
- The contact form on our website Contact page;
- The surveys and questionnaires on our website Services page;
- The email subscriber form on our website;
- Email, social media messaging;
- Social media posting; or
- Through any other communication that you send to us.
We process this data for the purposes of:
- Communicating with you;
- Providing our services;
- For record keeping, and;
- For the establishment, pursuance or
defenceof legal claims.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to respond to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
Customer information or data includes any information you provide relating to any purchases services, such as your name, title, billing address, delivery email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details.
We process this information to:
- Supply the goods and/or services you have purchased, and;
- To keep records of such transactions.
Our legal ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
User information includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you may post for publication on our website or through other online services. We may collect, store and use:
- information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use);
informationcontained in, or relating to, a personal or business account with our website (including name, email address, date and month of birth);
- information that you provide when you provide feedback;
- information that you provide when you change your personal details or email preferences;
- information that you provide when you respond to a survey;
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
We process this data to:
- Operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you;
- To ensure the security of our website;
- To maintain backups of our website and/or databases and;
- To enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Technical data is information about your use of our website and online services such as information about your visits to, and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type
The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. (AKA, WordPress
We process this data to
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Marketing information includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We process this data to:
- Enable you to receive our Copywriting Quick Win series and email newsletter;
- Enable you to participate in promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways;
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
Our legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case, are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer, User, Technical and Marketing Information/Data to:
- Deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we offer to you.
Our legal ground for this processing is
We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you and our legal grounds for doing so is either your consent or legitimate interest namely to grow our business. (Please see Marketing Communications below – Section 3).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you).
If you don’t provide us with the requested information, we may have to cancel a product or service you’ve ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
Use of Personal Information
We will only use your personal data for the purpose it was collected for or reasonably compatible purposes if necessary. In the event we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How your personal information is collected
We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
A “cookie” is a piece of stored information on your computer’s hard drive and records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and don’t harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. By not blocking cookies and continuing to browse you’re
Types of Cookies
Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests, namely to grow our business.
We may send you marketing communications if:
- You have worked with us before, asked for information from us about our goods or services; or
- You signed up to the Copywriting Quick Wins list and thereby agreed to receive marketing communication and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
- You are a company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
It’s more likely that a plague of giraffes will take over the world, than Rose Crompton Content Marketer & Copywriter sharing your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes. However, in such (highly unlikely) circumstances, we will obtain your express consent before doing so.
Stopping marketing messages
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- Following the opt-out links on any marketing messages sent to you, or
- Emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as a request and delivery of Services.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Collaborative partners who must be engaged to
fulfilyour requested Service .
International Transfers (for example to our preferred email marketing platform or CRM)
Whenever we transfer your personal data we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- If you are a resident of the European Union, we will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
We will take reasonable technical and
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for five years after they stop being customers
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to respond to any request, we will require the following information:
- your name and address; and
- your contact telephone numbers
There is no fee chargeable to access your personal data however we may charge a fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
As a security measure to ensure your data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it, we may request further information from you
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data please contact us first so we may attempt to resolve your issue immediately. You also have the right to complain to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au), the Australian supervisory authority for data protection issues.