MARKETING FOR THE ADULT INDUSTRY
When you need writing services for your sex shop, escort site or sex work NFP, hire an adult industry copywriter who gets it
Marketing for the adult industry is competitive, tightly regulated and still has a seediness attached to it that’s out of step with modern adult businesses. These hurdles can make marketing an adult company tricky. But not impossible.
Copywriting services for the adult industry
When you’re ready for your messages of sex positivity and wellbeing to reach more of the right people, work with a copywriter who cares about your industry.
You’ve found a writer who:
- avoids crappy innuendo that turns who you are and what you do into a joke
- writes positively and passionately about sex so it’s a pleasurable, fun read for the audience
- doesn’t attach any stigma or judgement to who you are, what you’re doing and your reasons for doing it.
By listening to what you want your marketing copy to say, I’ll deliver the words you need. Copy that sounds like you, supports your business and is optimised for the search engines.
No shame. No blushes. No stigma.
As long as what you do is safe, sane, consensual and legal, I’m game.
Adult businesses I write for
Sex toy shops
Lingerie & pleasure product brands
Alternative lifestyle companies
Rose Crompton’s X-Rated CV
The adult industry and me have an ongoing relationship. It’s been part of my career from the start, which was way back in 2009. Discussions, debates and progress around marketing the adult industry have fascinated me for just as long.
- After graduating from uni in London, I took a full-time position at Scarlet magazine. As staff writer my responsibilities included writing the monthly sex feature and erotic literature.
- I’ve had columns and regular features in Paul Raymond Publications and contributed to print and online publications, including Forum, Cliterati and Cosmpolitan UK.
- I’ve written over 5,000 original product descriptions for several online adult stores.
- B2B publications in the UK and Australia have published my articles.
- I’ve interviewed porn stars, models, web cammers, Dominants, subs, swingers, sploshers and everyone in between. There’s very little that surprises me.
- Past clients include Doxy, Harmony and AdultWork.
- I’ve been quoted in national and international press outlets, including Buzzfeed and the BBC.
Happy clients say the nicest things
Moving the Harmony brand from high-street to online was a huge task. Rose played a key role in helping with this transition. As a new venture, we relied on her to define our online tone-of-voice across the website, email marketing, and social media platforms.
We knew we could rely on Rose to produce SEO content that spoke to Harmony’s target audience, but also remained on-brand and satisfied the search engines.
I hired Rose to help with my website copy as I was struggling to find the right words to professionally convey myself and to reach my desired target market.
The outcome of working with Rose has been incredibly successful. What I loved about working with Rose was her down-to-earth personality, which made the whole experience amazing!
I’d recommend Rose to businesses who need professional copywriting that eloquently articulates your business’s needs.
I booked Rose’s Tasting Paddle service and used it to get the about page written for my website. Trying to write it myself was proving difficult due to a lack of time and too much procrastinating that what I was writing wasn’t good enough. It was taking too long and I wanted to appear professional.
My site is yet to launch so haven’t got stats on how well the copy Rose wrote is performing, but I was very happy with the product. One thing I enjoyed about working with Rose is that she seemed to really care about the project and brought a lot of personality and fun to it. The whole experience was easy, relaxed, informative and educational.
I’d recommend Rose to businesses who need copy with wit and personality.
Working with Rose has been a breath of fresh air. I had very specific requirements and she completely fulfilled them and more, and in doing so she has raised the bar for my future expectations for any contractors I work with.
I particularly appreciated her diligence around communication and her digital organisation skills.
I recommend working with Rose to anyone who just wants the job to simply get done, and wants to feel the task is in capable hands. Thanks so much Rose!
I asked Rose to take a look over my copy, and help to guide me on SEO, branding and content creation as I work on my new website.
It’s been so helpful getting advice from a second pair of expert eyes! She was prompt, friendly, encouraging and very clear in all of her advice. I now feel extra motivated as I am armed with her excellent insights, and her service was excellent value so I’d definitely love to work with her again in future – and if possible I would also love to commission her to write some content for me.
Thanks so much Rose!
Let’s hook up