MARKETING FOR THE ADULT INDUSTRY
When you need writing services for your sex shop, escort site or sex work NFP, hire an adult industry copywriter who gets it
Marketing for the adult industry is competitive, tightly regulated and still has a seediness attached to it that’s out of step with modern adult businesses. These hurdles can make marketing an adult company tricky. But not impossible.
Copywriting services for the adult industry
When you’re ready for your messages of sex positivity and wellbeing to reach more of the right people, work with a copywriter who cares about your industry.
You’ve found a writer who:
- avoids crappy innuendo that turns who you are and what you do into a joke
- writes positively and passionately about sex so it’s a pleasurable, fun read for the audience
- doesn’t attach any stigma or judgement to who you are, what you’re doing and your reasons for doing it.
By listening to what you want your marketing copy to say, I’ll deliver the words you need. Copy that sounds like you, supports your business and is optimised for the search engines.
No shame. No blushes. No stigma.
As long as what you do is safe, sane, consensual and legal, I’m game.
Adult businesses I write for
Sex toy shops
Lingerie & pleasure product brands
Alternative lifestyle companies
Rose Crompton’s X-Rated CV
The adult industry and me have an ongoing relationship. It’s been part of my career from day-dot in 2009. Discussions, debates and progress around marketing the adult industry have fascinated me for just as long.
- After graduating from uni in London, I took a full-time job working at Scarlet magazine as staff writer. Responsibilities included researching and writing the monthly sex feature, and contributing erotic literature.
- I’ve held columns and regular feature spots in Paul Raymond Publications and contributed features to other print and online publications, including Forum, Cliterati and Cosmpolitan UK.
- There are a lot of sex toys in the world, which I know only too well after writing over 5,000 original product descriptions for multiple online adult stores.
- I’ve had articles published in adult industry B2B publications in the UK and Australia
- Writing feature articles and blogs, and doing book research means I’ve interviewed porn stars, models, web cammers, Dominants, subs, swingers, sploshers and everyone in between. There’s very little that surprises me these days.
- I’ve written adult industry marketing copy for established adult companies including Doxy, Harmony and AdultWork.
- I’ve contributed sex quotes and tips to national and international press requests, including Buzzfeed and the BBC.
Copywriting services to help your adult business
Depending on the type of copywriting you need, there are several ways we can work together. Below is an outline of the adult industry marketing services I offer. Choose the one you need and click to get more information about how the service works.
Free copywriting services for SWers
- Proofreading or profile reviews for sex workers trying to maintain an income during lockdowns and social distancing.
Affordable copywriting service
- Sex up one of your website pages, your profile pages or get an original blog to post, share and repurpose.
Website content writing
- Copywriting service for a 3- or 5-page website. Ideal for sex toy companies and independent sex workers wanting their own site.
Blog article writing
- Stay connected with your ideal clients by publishing content that helps them get to know you better, educate them and talk intelligently on the sex topics that matter to you and your business.
Happy clients say the nicest things